The Paris Metro card is available in Zones 1-3 (Central Paris only) & Zones 1-5 and provides unlimited access to all Paris and suburban public transport. Depending on which zones you select, Paris Visite allows you to travel on:
- metro lines
- RER lines (RATP and SNCF)
- Ile-de-France bus lines (RATP and OPTILE), except those circulating on Jetbus
- Allobus Roissy CDG
- tourist excursion and Air France networks
- Tramway lines
- Montmartre funicular
- Travel to Disneyland Paris and Versailles (included in zones 1-5)
Please note: Travel is valid for consecutive days only
Tickets vary and are valid for travel as follows:
- Zones 1-3: Paris and the inner suburbs; covers access to La Defense, Le Bourget and Saint-Denis Basilique
- Zones 1-5: Paris and the outer suburbs; covers access to Varsailles, Disneyland Resort Paris, Saint Germain-en-Laye and the exhibition centre at Villepinte, Rambouillet, Provins and Fontainebleau
Tickets valid for zones 1-5 can also be used for travel to and from Orly and Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle airports using RER trains, RATP buses and the Orlyval light rail.
Paris bus stops are found all around the city and more often than not are hubs for several different lines. Recently, a majority of bus stops were equipped with electronic information systems that tell you when to expect the next bus. Neighbourhood maps and bus routes are also displayed at most stations. Certain bus routes are particularly scenic and can be a cheap alternative to Paris bus tours.
Paris bus hours vary considerably, but major lines run from approximately 5:30 a.m to midnight.