Canada Destinations and Attractions
Welcome to Nature's Playground. Stunning scenery, superb winter sports and an intriguing blend of English and French cultures make Canada a truly distinctive destination. Rest assured, this is not some blander version of America. Canada's wild northern frontier and its distinct patchwork of peoples have created a country that is decidedly different from its brash neighbour south of the border.
Canadian attractions not to be missed:
- Ride the Grouse Mountain Gondola. For a few spectacular views over the wonderful city of Vancouver.
- Take the Whistler Mountaineer to the Whistler village and take a ride on the Peak 2 Peak gondolas.
- Hiking through the wilderness of Banff National Park.
- Take an unforgettable cruise on Maligne Lake and take the world famous shot of the mountains at Spirit Island.
- Practicing a few of your French skills in the magnificent walled city of Quebec City.
- Give your inner shop-a-holic a workout at one of the world's largest shopping centers, West Edmonton Mall. This place is not only home to over 800 stores but also houses 2 mini golf courses, a hotel, an indoor skate park, an ice rink, a waterpark and a theme park, just to name a few.
- Take a ride to the top of the CN tower and test your nerves by walking on the thick clear glass that hovers 341meters from the ground.
The Rocky Mountaineer is an incredible daytime luxury train journey winding through the remarkable Rocky Mountains. Guests on-board take in breathtaking views of massive canyons, rivers, glacial lakes and soaring mountain peaks through the large, glass-domed windows or relax in spacious train seats or their personal sleeping cabins.
To start planning your Canadian journey, contact the experts at Rail Plus today. Ask for our dedicated great train journeys department experienced in putting together packages for travellers. We look forward to helping you take the first step towards your Canadian adventure.
Departs from 19th Apr 2016 to 14th Oct 2016. Learn More
Contact our rail experts on 1300 555 003.
VIA Rail's The Canadian
Experience VIA Rail's The Canadian cross-country, east to west coast train journey (three days/four nights). You'll depart from wonderful Toronto, soar through skyline in the Rockies and venture into the heart of Alpine Alberta, before arriving in Vancouver. Discover the charm of old-world aesthetic onboard with art deco furnishings, observatory domes and spacious sleeping quarters.
During peak season (June to October) the Canadian departs three times a week. However during summer months, the most popular sleeping berths and cabins are often sold out well in advance. Make sure you plan and book ahead to avoid disappointment. Speak to the great train journeys team at Rail Plus to determine available bookings or have us put together a Canadian package tailored to your itinerary. Reservations can be booked up to 300 days in advance.
Departs from 3rd May 2016 to 13th Oct 2016.
Contact our rail expects on 1300 555 003. Learn More
BRITISH COLUMBIA / ALBERTA
West Edmonton Mall
Polar Bears at Churchill